THETA Poker Pro Enhancements and Bug Status List
- Select Music (iOS 10): The "Select Music" menu option no longer works in iOS 10. Please use the Music app or your favorite streaming music app instead.
Fixed in Version 1.8.5 (Apple 04/28/16)
- Pot Amount Hidden: Fixed bug introduced in the 1.8.4 hidable pot option fix that made the pot disappear for everyone. (Temporary workaround: turn the Options->Settings->Miscellaneous->Hidable Pot Amount option on, tap and hold on the pot, then turn the option back off.)
Fixed in Version 1.8.3 (Apple 01/14/16)
- iPad Crash: Version 1.8.2 introduced a bug that will crash the app whenever various alerts are popped up on the poker table. As a temporary workaround, if you have them on, set the "Confirm All-In" option to "Never" and turn off the "Confirm Tap to Call" opion on the Options/Settings/Play Speed menu, and don't tap the Blind Info in the upper left corner of the poker table. Sincere apologies.
Fixed in Version 1.8.2 (01/08/16)
- VoiceOver on Apple TV: pretty much does not work at all. This is the current development task, and your patience is appreciated.
Fixed in Version 1.7.2 (05/12/15)
- Email Hand Recap: fixed crash on iPads running iOS 8.
Fixed in Version 1.7.1 (04/20/15)
- Large Numbers: If the "Settings->Graphics->Large Numbers" option is turned OFF on iOS 8, the user's poker chip could be missing (HD iPads) or too small.
- Graphics Menu: Toggling any of these options (including the above) was not taking effect immediately (broken in 1.7.0).
Fixed in Version 1.7.0 (04/09/15)
- On iPads running iOS 7.x (not 8.x) and higher, the game may crash on various popups, e.g., the "All-In" dialog when Options/Settings/Play Speed/Confirm All-In set to something other than "Never". This was broken with the 1.6.1 fix below.
Fixed in Version 1.6.1 (12/30/14)
- In Version 1.6.0 on iPads running iOS 8.1 and higher, the game may crash at the end of a Career Mode tournament or if you bring up various other action sheets (e.g., when sharing a hand). [The workaround before the fix was available: you can set "Settings/Play Speed/Pause After Hand" to "Tap to Continue" so that the game will pause for you, so you can swipe up with one finger to return to the Career View screen to select your next event.]
- iPhone 6 Plus only: Portrait mode was missing the felt (with THETA Poker Pro embossing), and Display Zoom mode on was not displaying properly (shrunk and in the upper left of the screen).
Fixed in Version 1.3.1 (05/19/14)
- In some circumstances, the game may get stuck on the World Championship win congratulations screen. (Previously, to work around the problem, exit the app then kill it. I.e., Double-tap the home button then either [iOS 7] swipe the THETA Poker Pro screenshot up or [iOS 5 and iOS 6] tap and hold on the THETA Poker Pro icon in the tray until you see the 'X' then tap the 'X'.)
Fixed in Version 1.1.0 (06/07/13)
- Heads-Up, Landscape: Moved the large message down a few pixels so it doesn't overlap your opponent's cards in heads-up, landscape mode on iPhones and iPod touches.
- Breaking Tables: Reduced the frequency at which the current table is broken up, including fixing a problem where it could occur even though no table needed to be broken up.
- Sharing: Fixed a problem where using a two-finger swipe to share the current hand (screenshot or text) on an iPhone or iPod touch could hang the game (the app would have to be killed).
Fixed in Version 1.0.2 (03/10/13)
- Custom Buy-In: The Custom Buy-In option now correctly requires a minimum of 1,000 (as already specified in the Help). Previously the subminimum amount was only detected when the app was exited, killed, and restarted (resetting it to the default of 50,000). Also fixed problem where the Custom Buy-In amount wouldn't be accepted if the "New Game Needed" alert intervened (this could also have caused a bizarre "Ante Size" of "Career Mode"). Also fixed yellow text on Custom Starting Stack popup that wouldn't revert to white.
- Blind Size: Blind sizes for Ring Games are now rounded down from the exact calculation (previously, they could be off by a little more than that). Blind sizes for Tournaments can be less accurate to fit the blind schedule.
- Smallest Chip: The Smallest Chip for Ring Games can now be 5, 50, 500, or 5,000 if the Small Blind ends in 5*. E.g., If the blinds are 25/50, then the Smallest Chip is now 5.
- Hand Recaps: Fixed rare problem where the hand history header for Ring Games could say "12-player Ring Game" (or whatever the last tourney size was) instead of "9-player Ring Game" (the correct table size). Fixed problem that caused Holdem Manager to reject some hands where the user was all-in preflop from one of the blinds (said "Hero bets XXX" instead of "Hero raises to XXX").
- Pause After Hand: When set to "Tap to Continue", tapping on your hole cards now starts the next hand instead of doing nothing.
- Breaking Tables: Fixed problem where the current table could be broken up too often.
- Large Stack Estimate: Fixed possible display issue at the end of events in heads-up mode, where your opponent's stack size could be unreadable (black text on dark blue background).
- Hand Nicknames: The glossary entries for "Trombones" and "76" referred to the "Music Man" as a movie; it was originally a Broadway musical.
- NOTE: The app may hang on the Payout Schedule or other screens when memory is low. Exiting and killing the app should resolve the problem. See the FAQ entry on low memory issues.
- Pro Skill Level - Computer opponents challenging enough for professional poker players. Hand range algorithms will attempt to pinpoint what cards you're playing and act accordingly. This will be the main feature of a major update late in the year.
Under Consideration for Future Releases
- THETA Poker Pro Pointers - An optional pop-up instructional tip upon startup (also available from the Help menu).
- Save/Load Options Configurations - Save off your favorite set of Settings for quick changing.
- More Tutor Advice - Expanded tutoring screens, geared toward beginners.
- Customized Playing Card Designs - Select any picture from your Photo Roll to use as the playing card back.
- Hand Replayer - When viewing hand recaps, a button will allow you to animate the replay of the entire hand.
- Pot-Limit variation - Maximum bet allowed is the amount in the pot.
Your recommendations are always appreciated! If you really want to see any of the above or other features, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your vote counts!
- User-customizable blinds/antes schedules - Too complicated to implement and use unless you have a great idea for me on how to do it.
- Limit variation
- Omaha - It's not out of the question that I'll write an Omaha game, but it would be a separate app.
All other enhancement requestions, bug reports, and comments are welcome at email@example.com.